And just like that, week one at the new job was complete. What a whirlwind of activity. I still haven't managed to make it to work more than 5 minutes early yet. Its seemingly an almost insurmountable task at this point in time. While busy and hectic, moments of laughter and joviality were interspersed amongst the work. I also learned quite a bit this week. Lets recap. By the numbers, 6 new people started Monday, 2 of which quit (1 after day 1, the other after day 3), 1 old employee quit and 1 got canned. Nothing like turnover to make you feel motivated. Drank. 20 plus cups of tea plus 1 delicious Corona. What did I learn? The economy that exists for the game World of Warcraft is actually larger than that of Bulgaria. No not the virtual economy that works in virtual buy/sell with virtual gold. I mean a real life tangible dollars economy. The sale of WoW gold and items with real money is a multi billion dollar a year economy. The value of WoW gold also trades at a higher rate than many of the worlds currencies (1USD = 7.5 WoW gold). HA. What a gong show. What made me laugh? See previous story. All in all, twas a good week.
Wow (the exclamation of wonder, surprise, pleasure, not the massively multiplayer online role playing game) I have no energy to come up with organized sentences to form a story. KTV till 4 a.m. will do that to you I suppose. Twice in a week. Man. At any rate. its time for some good ol St. Patty's day celebrations in good ol Shanghai. Apparently there was a parade that I missed. Who knew the Chinese even knew about St. Patricks Day. But it doesn't matter. Any excuse to party and run rampant is alright with me. Time to paint the town........green.
"The best time to plant a tree was 20 years ago. The second best time is now"
- Chinese Proverb
what previous story ... I'm confused ...
ReplyDelete