Midnight 19. Just got home from karaoke. I am tired. Feel compelled to write I so can look back years later and realize all the dumb stuff I've done. Pre-work routine went off without a hitch. A much better performance than yesterday's. Woke up later today. Finally got out of bed at 7:40 I think. I did skip breakfast as I haven't done groceries in a fortnight and have no food left. Knowing this the night before, I planned accordingly and slept an extra 20 minutes. The trade off between breakfast and sleep still remains one of my great conundrums. Anyway. 7:40 Dressed myself. Oral hygiene complete. Bag packed and ready to go. Quick e-mail check. Nothing new because nobody loves me and out the door at the stroke of 8:04. no problems encountered till the metro transfer. Encounter second cultural experience of an overpopulated Chinese city using public transit during rush hour.
Ended up missing the first train again to which I now realize that it is pretty much near impossible to catch the first train out. Perhaps I will have to leave earlier to make it to work by 8:45. We'll see how today pans out first. Jump on the train now. Riding a long. Check time. 8:35 and I'm only 3 stops away. I guess I can still catch the second train and be early. Victory. the girl that announces the metro stop comes on, " blah blah blah something in mandarin blah blah We are now arriving at Shaanxi Nan Lu. Please get ready to alight from the left side." Sweet, just one more stop. Alls well and I've perked up as I'm sure that now I can be early for work. Great song comes on my Ipod. I begin to jam like a demon. Metro girl comes on again " blah blah blah something in mandarin blah blah We are now arriving at People's Square. Please get ready to alight from the left side." What the what? Somehow I overshot my stop and was at the next one. How does that even happen. I was minutes away from getting to my stop and now i'm at the wrong one. Its like I got slipped the date rape drug or something. At any rate, ended up having to jump on the train going the other way and wound up getting to work only a couple minutes early once again.
sigh. Tomorrow is another day.
Another solid day at work. Somehow 9 hours of practicing a sales pitch flew by. Literally 9 hours of reading and spouting out the same thing over and over. Putting the pitch to use tomorrow for te very first time. VERY EXCITE. blah blah I'm tired. Why did I start a blog? I'm too lazy to write about anything interesting and come up with entertaining anecdotes. Wrapping this up. Had Lieke's going away dinner at Grandma's Kitchen which is the same place I went for the last 3 going away dinners. Hurray for diversification. Moved from dinner to KTV. Broke house key trying open a bottle of wine with it. Needed roommate to leave the house door ajar for me. Didn't have roommates number and couldn't remember her name. Had to text landlord for both. Felt the fool when I realized new roommate had the same name as old roommate. Bury my face in hands. Gave a stirring rendition of Rick Astley's "Never Gonna Give You Up". Caught a taxi. Home. And now.....
"The sun...has gone...to bed and so must I...
So long...farewell...auf weidersehn goodbye..."
- Gretl von Trapp
I have been known to miss my stop on the LRT... which is probably more pathetic than you missing a stop in a major Chinese city! I'm glad you started a blog - keep it up!
ReplyDelete