I know what you’re all thinking. “Finally! An update on Calvin’s life. Its been so long, and I”ve felt so lost and lacking a good guffaw.” Well, ladies and gents. The wait is over. I am all about fulfilling your wishes of laughter. So whats been up lately you ask. Well buckle up kiddies. Prepare of the most mediocre tale of average-ness and run-of-the-mill you’ll ever experience.
Being the good friend that I am, I helped a friend move from the boonies to his new apartment. To celebrate such an auspicious day, we opted for a nice little marguerita all you can drink for lunch at good ol Cantina Agave. I allegedly have memorable hair as the waitress there remembered me from last time because of it. But I can read between the lines. She was digging my nice, sweet bu…..rrito eating skills. So after 3 solid hours of some bottomless marguerita consumption, we were feeling quite alright. And as we all know, the best decisions are made in a less inhibitive state. Today was no different. We…….
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
bought a cat
Well kitten to be exact. 2 months old. We decided to name him 老外 (laowai), which means foreigner. This came about after we wandered the streets, found a pet store because there was this bear (chow chow) in the window. After perusing the store for a good half hour, we decide to get a pet. Dogs are a lot of work while cats are not but this pet store had no good felines. So we jumped in a taxi and asked him to take us to a place where we could buy cats. That was after we struggled for 5 minutes trying to get the tone right for 'mao' (Chinese for cat). Eventually I think we started barking and meowing and then he figured it out. Man I need to work on my Chinese. Anyway, he takes us to this pet market with mice and rats and squirrels and a cornucopia of other mammalia. But most importantly, kittens. I don't even like cats but come on, kittens are cute. After a solid 10 minutes of playing and making cuts, we decided on this little duder. Originally the guy gave him to us in a potato sack but that didn't make us too comfortable so we figured a cage would be a better idea.
One potato sack replacement cage... 50 RMB
One sack of cat food... 20 RMB
One bottle of flea drops...5 RMB
One kitten bought after happy hour... Priceless
There are some things money can't buy, for everything else go to China because you can probably find it pretty cheap there.
The going rate for priceless in China is 30 RMB or $4.47 CDN.
Stay tuned for a lot of stuff that I will back log because I have been way to lazy to post it earlier.
"A cat that catches mice does not meow"
- Chinese Proverb
No comments:
Post a Comment